We had too much fun making these delicious and crispy cookies in bow and oval shapes. Gosh e feel in Farsi stands for elephant ears. These yummy cookies are garnisheed with ice sugar, cardamom and pistachio and served with hot cardamom tea. Here are all the ingredients you need for these delightful cookies:
- 3 CUPS OF ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- SALT: ¼ TSP
- BAKING POWDER: 1 TBSP
- CARDAMOM: ½ TSP
- SUGAR (ice or powdered) :1 TSP
- 2 EGGS
- COOKING OIL: ½ CUP
- MILK 1 CUP
- To garnish: ICE SUGAR, CARDAMOM, PISTACHIO
- In a big bowl, add all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, cardamom, ice sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add cooking oil and mix well.
- knead with warm milk.
- Gradually add milk to make soft dough. Make sure dough is not sticky.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic cover and leave the dough at room temperature for few hours.
- After few hours, dust the working area with flour.
- Divide the dough into equal halves using a knife and then using your hands give them a nice circular shape.
- Roll each half with a rolling pin to make it as thin as possible.
- Use pasta machine, to further thin out each piece. Here we will use 3 setting of the past machine to get the desired thickness. Pasta machine setting was set at size 7, 5 and finally 3.
- Cut each piece equally and shape each one into bow or oval shape. You can also form them into desired shapes as shown in the video.
- Fry until light brown.
- Serve it on a flat plate and sprinkle with ice sugar, cardamom and pistachio.
- If you are going to serve it multilayered, sprinkle each layer with ice sugar, cardamom and pistachio.
- Serve with hot cardamom tea. See recipe below
Cardamom tea is served on a regular basis every day in Afghan households. Some might say Afghans are addicted to their cardamom tea. The recipe is hidden in its name…. here is all you need to make this hot and delightful tea:
- Tea (black or green): 1tbsp or as desired
- Cardamom: 1tsp or as desired
- Boiling hot water
- In a tea pot, add tea and cardamom.
- Pour boiling water on it and serve hot.