Red lentils in our dhal recipe are highly nutritious packed with B Vitamins, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. They are an excellent source of protein and are low in calories. It does not take long to make and is a healthy addition to a meal. The fact that it is a source of protein makes it a great meat alternative. According to Healthline, there are many health benefits to cook red lentils such as it lowers your risk of heart attack, lowers your blood pressure, and improves your blood sugar levels. They are also high source of fiber which makes it very filling. Therefore, it is a good addition to any lose weight diet meal plan. There are different types of lentils: Brown, puy, green, beluga, yellow and red. We will cook red lentils for our recipe today as it cooks quickly and is best one for making dhal recipe. This delicious recipe will take only 25 minutes to cook. Once cooked, we will fry garlic and add it on top of dhal recipe. This step is called “Seer Daagh” in Persian where “seer” stands for garlic and “daagh” stands for heat. It is optional and adds extra flavour and aroma. Serve with bread or rice and fresh vegetables.
What you need to cook Red lentils (dhal recipe)
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through links on our site at no additional cost to you.
½ Cup Vegetable oil
2 Chopped Onions
4 Minced Garlics
2 Cups Water
For Seer Daagh:
¼ Cup vegetable oil
3 Minced Garlics
Watch How to cook Red lentils (Dhal Recipe) with Afghani Rice
How to Cook Red lentils (Dhal Recipe) with Afghani RiceCourse: vegetarianCuisine: LunchDifficulty: None
Red lentils in our dhal recipe are highly nutritious packed with B Vitamins, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. They are an excellent source of protein and are low in calories. It does not take long to make and is a healthy addition to a meal.
•t½ Cup Vegetable oil
•t2 Chopped Onions
•t4 Minced Garlics
•t1 tsp, Turmeric Powder
•t2 Cups Water
•t1 tbsp., Salt
•t1 tbsp. Coriander Powder
•t½ tsp Black Pepper
•t1 ½ Cup, Red lentils
•t¼ Cup vegetable oil
•t3 Minced Garlics
- Add vegetable oil in a pot.
- Add chopped onions and when it is golden brown, add minced garlics.
- Add turmeric powder and keep stirring to fry it.
- Add salt, coriander powder, black pepper and let it boil over.
- Add red lentils and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat and it should be ready.
- The next part is called “Seer Daagh” where you fry the garlic and pour it on top of dahl for extra flavour.
- Add vegetable oil in a small pan.
- Add minced garlic and fry it until it is golden brown.
- Pour it on top of the curry.
- 10.tServe with bread or rice and fresh vegetables.
Did you Enjoy making this Recipe? Click here to make some Sheer Chai Afghan (cardamom tea with milk). Leave a Comment below If You Have Any Questions.17