Halwa e Suji – Semolina Pudding – Afghan Food Recipes – طرز تهیه حلوای آرد سوجی
Halwa e Suji is a pudding made with Semolina Flour. The secret ingredients are cardamom and saffron.
Here are all ingredients you need for this yummy dessert:
- Cooking Oil, 1 Cup
- 1 Cup Semolina Flour (Ard e Suji), 1 Cup
- Sugar, 1 Cup
- Cardamom, 1 tbsp
- Saffron, 1 tsp
- Sugar, 2 tbsp
- Water as much as required
- In a pot, add vegetable cooking oil. When oil is hot, add semolina flour.
- Keep Stirring and add the rest of the semolina flour.
- Keep stirring and add sugar.
- In a Spice Grinder, add Sugar and Saffron. Sugar is added to facilitate making powdered saffron.
- Add the powdered sugar and saffron in a small bowl.
- Add water and mix well.
- Add the mixture to the pot.
- Keep stirring and add cardamom.
- Mix well and add chopped and peeled almonds.
- Keep on stirring and add water.
- Keep adding water and stirring until it is well cooked and mildly soft.
- Add a pinch of cardamom on top.
- Wrap a cloth around the lid and close the pot.
- Let it cook for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Serve with Naan bread or by itself.
- Enjoy it with some hot cardamom tea.