How to make Homemade cheese – Afghan Food Recipes – kishmesh paneer طرز تهیه پنیر افغانی
Here we will show you how a very easy way to make fresh cheese at home. In Afghan tradition, cheese is eaten with raisins and is called kishmesh paneer. To make this fresh and delicious recipe, all we need is 3 ingredients:
- 4 Litres of 3.25 % Milk
- ½ Litre of 15 % Table cream
- 25mL of lemon Juice or vinegar
Pour the milk in a pan. Use a heave bottom sauce pan.
- Pour the table cream and stir it constantly until it reaches right below boiling. You will see bubbles on the sides of the pan.
- Add lemon juice or vinegar.
- The moment you add the vinegar the milk is starting to curdle.
- If it doesn’t start curdling, you can use add another tsp of vinegar or lemon juice.
- Keep stirring until it separates into two layers: curdle and watery liquid. Let it aside few minutes before draining it.
- Put cheese cloth over colander to drain the watery liquid.
- Here, we use a regular cloth as first layer to help us wash it later and then we use four layers of cheese cloth.
- Drain all the watery liquid and save the curdle in the cheese cloth and wrap it.
- Wash it with cold water under sink.
- Leave it on a plate for few hours.
- Unwrap it, cut it and serve it with raisins.